|James Maslow||James Diamond||Gallery||Sprites|
|Born:||July 16, 1990|
Life and Career
He is the son of Cathy Burge and Mike Maslow. He has an older brother named Philip Maslow and a half-sister, named Ali Thom. His father is Jewish and his mother is Catholic; Maslow was raised Jewish, and attended Hebrew school six days a week during his childhood. He has described himself as a "religious and spiritual person".
Maslow was born in New York, and raised in La Jolla, California. Maslow began training as a singer at the age of 6 when his parents made him sing in the San Diego Children's Choir. He attended La Jolla and Torrey Pines elementary schools, Muirlands Middle School, and San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts. He had a small role in the San Diego Opera's production of La bohème when he was 10 years old. He attended acting camp at the La Jolla Playhouse, got his first agent when he was 14, and in high school starred as Danny Zuko in Grease and as Maurius in Les Misérables. He quit the School of Creative and Performing Arts mid-way through the 10th grade and switched to Coronado School of the Arts.
He made his television debut as Shane in a iCarly episode, "iSaw Him First". He has a scar on his elbow, which he received while performing a hockey-related stunt for the first episode of Big Time Rush.
Maslow is Jewish. In an interview with Clever TV, when asked his favorite holiday, he replied Hanukkah. James is known for been very funny, clever and cool. According to his Co-mates, he's an excellent friend. When he is acting he is conceited, a player, cute, and is not very bright but when he is not acting he is generous, cute, and smart as seen on "Brain Surge", when he won 1st place and got slimed.
In an interview, Maslow stated that he would probably be an architect, like his sister, if he was not an actor or singer (or if it did not involve so much math).
Singer, dancer and actor James Maslow stars in the new Nickelodeon live-action comedy series Big Time Rush, as music group member James, who has the biggest ego of all his friends and believes that he and the group are the coolest guys ever.
After moving around in his early years, Maslow’s family settled in La Jolla, Calif. when he was six years old. Maslow joined the San Diego Children’s Choir, igniting a passion for singing and performing. “Some of my favorite memories are singing at the San Diego Padres game with the Children’s Choir and performing in La Boheme with the San Diego Opera,” he said. Determined to be an entertainer, he transferred in eighth grade to San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts, despite that it was thirty miles away and he would have to rise before dawn to catch the bus to school and then endure a four hour bus ride home. He later attended the independent study program at the Coronado School of the Arts, choosing the arts over his other great love…football.
Recently, Maslow guest starred on iCarly as the cute boy who causes a rift between best friends Carly and Sam when they fight over who saw him first. He also stars in the independent feature film Mean.
“Singing is what got me into everything and made me fall in love with this industry,” Maslow said. “Both singing and acting are so rewarding that I couldn’t pick between the two.” Thankfully, he doesn’t have to choose as his new role allows him to do it all. He adds, “The great thing about playing James is that as an actor, I get to take it to the extreme. It’s fun to show off when you’re being asked to do that — as my character is completely self-absorbed and is always making a fool of himself.”
When he is not working, Maslow enjoys surfing, riding horses and mountain climbing. This past June, he climbed Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the continental U.S. A singer/songwriter, he also plays the guitar and piano. Maslow also trains in Saito Ninjutsu, a form of martial arts his father introduced him to at the age of 10. Maslow used to spend much of his time on the 5 freeway driving back and forth from San Diego to Los Angeles. Maslow lives in Los Angeles, California with his dog, Fox. He had previously owned a dog Falco, but he passed away at fourteen years old sometime during the making of Big Time Movie.
- James Maslow's Twitter: @jamesmaslow
- James Maslow's YouTube: JamesMaslow
- James Maslow's tumblr
- James' Facebook: JMaslowOfficial
- James 's Instagram: therealjdmaslow
- Middle Name: David
- Date of Birth: July 16, 1990
- Place of Birth: New York City, NY
- Height: 6’1"
- Weight: 175 lb
- Nickname: JD, Jamie and Jamez
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Number: 12
- Favorite TV show: Entourage
- Favorite Flower: Poppy
- Favorite Book: Ender’s Game
- In school: Did pretty good, got mostly A’s
- Favorite Animal: Horse
- Favorite Band: Maroon 5
- Favorite Holiday: Hanukkah
- Favorite Sport: Football
- Favorite Football Team: San Diego Chargers
- Favorite Cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Favorite Superhero: Spiderman.
- Favorite Actor: Johnny Depp
- Favorite Hobby: Horseback Riding
- Favorite Food: California Burrito
- Favorite Movie: Zoolander
- James has a Alaskan Klee Kai named Fox
- James had 100lb yellow labrador named Falco that passed away.
- James has never had braces, he's always had straight teeth.
- James wants to be made fun of on Family Guy
- James makes great omelets.
- He started living by himself when he was 17.
- He appeared in the iCarly episode iSaw Him First as Carly's (Miranda Cosgrove) love interest, Shane. Ironically, Miranda appears in Big Time Christmas.
- When he was 6 years old, he was in a terrible car crash that broke his skull, back, and a few more bones and almost got him paralyzed but because he was so young, he healed very fast and a few months later he was doing everything that he loves, like nothing happened. The doctor was surprised at this.
- James Maslow and Carlos Pena have joined Halo(a new app that they discover)
- James has a brother named Philip Maslow (now a doctor) and a sister named Ali Thom. In an interview, James said that he would probably be an architect, like his sister, if he was not an actor or singer (or if it did not involve so much math).
- James' Race or Ethnicity: Jewish Russian, Irish, English, and Scots-Irish.
- James have named his dogs (Fox and Falco) from characters of Nintendo's Star Fox.
- He starred as Maze in the Comedies For Kids show, WildSide.
- He has a crush on Emma Watson, he says that her accent is attractive.
- He says that he got a peck on the lips in third grade, but sixth grade was his first real kiss.
- He loves spaghetti.
- He started acting when he was ten years old.
- He enjoys horse riding, mountain climbing and martial arts.
- James prefers vanilla over chocolate.
- James dated Halston Sage. He confirmed their break up on The Tad Show on Star 999 on May 17, 2013.
- James used to spend his summers as a kid at a camp called Rawhide Ranch, where he learned to ride and work horses.
- James attended San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts after his dad gave him a choice to either get a horse or go to the performing arts school.
- James performed in shows like Footloose and Les Miserables in his past, and someday, he'd like to be a Broadway star.
- His favourite board game is "Risk".
- When he was younger he wanted to be an Architect. His sister who went to school for 8 years to study to be an architect. He gave up after seeing all the maths that went into it.
- He said his favourite chick flick is Bring it on.
- He said another one of his favourite songs off the BTR album apart from half way there was Worldwide.
- He invented a game on the tour bus called Elevated foot boxing.
- He has a scar on his right arm because he was injured during a hockey stunt filming the pilot.
- When he was younger, he didn't want to act, he wanted to star in rodeos.
- He likes Italian food.
- He is slightly lactose intolerant.
- The craziest thing a BTR fan has ever done is sneak into his hotel room.
- James' older brother, Philip was involved in a very serious motorcycle accident that left him in ICU for almost 3 months. He was in a coma for am entire month and has lost some vision in his right eye.
- He is going to be in the upcoming move " The Getaway" (releasing August 30, 2013) along with Selena Gomez.
- He is competing with Peta Peta Murgatroyd in Dancing With The Stars on Season 18th.
- Revealed on Dancing With the Stars that he was bullied in his youth due to being a bit overweight.
- Was invited by a girl with Downs' syndrome to prom and dedicated his contemporary routine to her during "Disney Night" on DWTS.
| Big Time Rush Wiki has|
related to James Maslow.