|Big Time Strike|
|Airdate||October 10, 2011|
|Written by||Jessica Gao|
|Directed by||Carlos Gonzalez|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Big Time Rocker"||"Big Time Contest"|
The episode starts when the boys are singing their new song Superstar, in the middle of the song Gustavo shocks them with his latest gadget. The boys are not happy and make it clear when he has shocked them at least 4 times while they were dancing, in the bathroom and while they were at break. Gustavo says, "More rhythm, less bathroom, no breaks." When they complain to Kelly, she tells them normally she would totally object to Gustavo using that, but they really need to get Superstar done fast.
But after getting one shock too many, they decide to go on strike. The boys elect Kendall to be their leader and he elects Carlos to be the muscle of the operation. When James asks why since he's physicallly the strongest in the group, Kendall reminds him of how Carlos took on the entire eight grade in middle school. Remembering that and admitting that it was impressive, he gives Carlos his support. After Logan volunteers to make picket signs for their protest march, Katie arrives asks what they're doing, and they reply that they're sticking it to the man. Katie expresses her interest in helping, so Kendall puts her in charge of suppies. They plan to use signboards and show they want to expel him from everything he has even his mansion. They said they will stop striking him if Gustavo gives them sundae, a jacuzzi and others etc.Throughout their strike Gustavo and Kelly make it clear to the boys that they are not giving in to the boys.First they post call the agency to send them all the hot teenage males to Rocqué Records.
Gustavo fired the boys making them to return to their crib and plans to make their own music video using The Giant Turd Song and the Oh Yeah music video backdrop. This fails and are tired from working and Kendall reliefs that shocking is way worse than no resting policy.
Meanwhile, Gustavo decides to make their own music video and dressing up like the guys. Then he ask Kelly what she thinks of it. Kelly then faints due to sickness and disgust. Then Gustavo decide to call the guys and make another video. So the guys arrived with Kendall's mom and demands that they provide no shocking, at least a half hour break and respect.Then they agree and make a music video for Griffin.Which his loves. Then Griffin shouts at them that they make another music video and is not leaving until getting one. Then Gustavo shocks him with a lot of shocking power and hits the roof. He says that a break is good and will come back next week.
Meanwhile Mrs. Knight is on strike because Katie said that her job is not "ROCKET SCIENCE"!! Then she got offended and went on strike. Mrs. Knight gives in to Katie when she admitted that mums have a harder role than rocket scientist and she turns to their negotiator.
- Kendall: Gustavo, we both know that I'm wearing a tie. [the boys all point at Kendall's tie] And we also know that Griffin wants a song from Big Time Rush, tomorrow.
- James: And we're Big Time Rush. Which means, where's my hair salon!?
- [While James and Logan are striking]
- Logan: What do we want?!
- James: An ice cream sundae bar, a personal hair salon, a petting zoo, brunch with Wayne Gretzky, a hot tub, a second hot tub- You know what, we need a shorter chant!
- Logan: (Opens his mouth to respond, when he notices James' sign. Which says, "Hi, I'm James") Have you been holding that sign the whole time?
- James: Uh, yeah.
- Logan: What does that have to do with striking?
- James: Uh, I'm striking. (Does his signature hand gesture)
- When the four boys rush out to chase away the talented boys from an agency, Kendall and Carlos are without their picket signs, then when Katie arrives, both of them appear with their signs
- Every time the guys turn their sign around a new thing appear written.
- They revealed that the album is coming out soon.
- This episode also aired on Columbus Day, making Big Time Rush the third Nickelodeon show (after The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron and SpongeBob SquarePants) to air a new episode on Columbus Day twice.
- This is the first time that each of the main characters except Kelly are equal antagonists to each other or others
- In real life, you would not get fired if you went on strike because it is illegal to hire new workers if your other employees are on strike.