|Big Time Demos|
|Airdate||March 19, 2010|
|Written by||Scott Fellows|
|Directed by||Henry Chan|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Big Time Break"||"Big Time Party"|
Big Time Demos is the 10th episode of Big Time Rush.
One morning, while the band is resting by the pool, Kelly hands them their tickets and says that if the record company doesn't pick their demo, they will go back to Minnesota. Gustavo tells them that six boy bands have had three months to make a demo, which is picked by Griffin's secret demo chooser. The main competition against Big Time Rush is Vampira. When Griffin's daughter Mercedes, the apparent demo chooser walks in, she says the boys are hot, and dates each, except James, since the boys want her to pick their demo. She turns out to be very horrible and nasty, and the boys find out that she isn't the demo chooser, a chimp is.
They kidnap the chimp and try to train it to clap every time a BTR song is played. This gets out of control and everything turns into a mess. Griffin isn't impressed and chimp chooses Vampira as the winning band, but Mercedes is able to convince her father that Big Time Rush is the better choice.
2J has a 3 month lease and it can only be renewed when the boys get their demo picked. Mr. Bitters wants to move into that apartment and Mrs. Knight and the others have to move out. Mrs. Knight accepts the job of being the assistance manager in Palm Woods in order to keep the apartment but Mr. Bitters tries everything in order to get her quite her job and eventually get the apartment.
- Someone always throw something at Bitters.
- Kendall: Hey, hey hey. We are NOT toast! What's the one thing we've learned since we got in L.A.?
- James: That black is the new black.
- Logan: If you drink cold milk on a hot day, you DIIIIIIIE.
- Carlos: That every time you leave your house, your toys come alive.
- Mercedes: Look, I know we haven't all dated that long, but I just wanted to come back to say... (sighs) I'm sorry.
- James: Yeah, you should be sorry! How could you pick THEM over ME?
- Mercedes: Because, I never date anyone prettier than me.
- James: (turns to the boys) I'm better now.
- Mercedes: ...It's my fault, Daddy. I lied to them, and I made them be my boyfriends, and then I ate terrible cookies, and then I cried, and then I helped them chimpnap Lolo, and...I love you!
- Griffin: Is that true? Because she lies. A lot.
- Griffin: So what do you say, Lolo? Do you like Big Time Rush? [everyone looks at Lolo, who, after about ten seconds, makes a fart noise.] Ooooooh, the fart noise. Sorry boys, Vampirah wins.
- Mercedes: Lolo's wrong, daddy! The vampire fad has one, two years left, max. These guys' songs have infectious melodies, classic pop hooks, and Big Time Rush will crush the 6- to 16-year-old demographic, which is your core music-buying base.
- Griffin: Wow. Lolo, I'm transferring you to missile defense. Mercedes, you're my new hit-predicting adviser, and this way, we'll get to spend more time together. Big Time Rush wins! [everyone cheers, and Lolo somersaults while being held] Anything else for my princess?
- Mercedes: Well, I never really got a chance to date Logan. [Logan panics]
- Griffin: Logan, you're Mercedes' new boyfriend. [Logan pushes James in front of him]
- Kendall Schmidt as Kendall Knight
- Logan Henderson as Logan Mitchell
- James Maslow as James Diamond
- Carlos Pena Jr. as Carlos Garcia
- Tanya Chisholm as Kelly Wainwright
- Stephen Kramer Glickman as Gustavo Rocque
- Carlie Casey as Mercedes Griffin
- James Arnold Taylor as Regional Manager Taylor
- Daran Norris as Buddha Bob
- Challen Cates as Mrs. Knight
- David Anthony Higgins as Mr. Bitters
- Ciara Bravo as Katie Knight
- Matt Riedy as Arthur Griffin
- A Namco Dirt Dash Arcade cabinet has been spotted in this episode.
- This is first Mercedes Griffin debut. She returned in Big Time Party.
- When Carlos said "that every time you leave your house, your toys come alive" it is maybe parody of Toy Story.
- It is revealed Gustavo dad owns a scooter products.
Click here to see the photo gallery for Big Time Demos.